My name is Master Tim Bell I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, I’m 57 years old and a Taekwondo and Kettlebell instructor and coach and Kettlebell Sport Competitor.
In 2010 I wanted to do something that was unique and awe inspiring, something that would inspire myself and others to greater heights, be such a positive life changing experience that everyone would be touched in some way.
So what I’ve decided to do is challenge myself to complete several physical, martial arts, personal, educational, environmental and community goals over the next several years that are certain to change my life but most importantly to make others and the world around me much better for it.
Introducing…My Goals for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017…
- Complete 76,000 push ups on my knuckles. (1500 per week)
- 100 one arm push ups in a row – each arm
- 25,000 TRX Push ups
- Lift a total of 12,000.000 kilograms of weight using Kettlebells. (34,000 kilograms per week)
- 260 snatches with a 24 kg Kettlebell in 10 minutes
- Cycle 10,000 km’s (77 km’s per week)
- One arm Jerk a 24kg Kettlebell for one hour, for 1,000 reps, 24,000 kg’s
- 20 consecutive pull ups by July 15, 2013
- 31 days of snatching in May, doing 10 minute sets with 22kg’s for 200 reps for a total of 6,200 reps (136,400 kg’s)
- Spar 800 – 2:00 minute rounds (15 per week)
- Learn a new traditional weapon (Dan Bong)
- Break a solid wooden baseball bat with a round kick.
- Break 8 boards with a back kick.
- Break 8 patio stones with a hammer fist.
- Practice each poomse, white belt to 5th dan 1040 times each (that’s 280 total poomse’s per week or 29,120 times in 365 days).
- Earn my 6th Dan.
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Improve my diet.
- Stop eating junk food, no more McDonalds, Wendy’s, Burger King, etc…
- Reduce my carbon foot print by 80%
- Travel to Green Bay to watch the PACKERS play at Lambeau on my birthday.
- 2017 – Become a Vegan
- Read at least one book per month that is educational and enlightening (buy used if possible).
- Become a better martial artist, teacher, role model, leader and human being.
- Watch 100 motivational videos…100 Videos
- Complete 4 Community Based Leadership projects that will benefit the community.
- Complete 52 acts of kindness.
- Write 52 motivational articles.
- Buy Only Used – Purchase only used items, books, CD’s, clothing, electronics, etc
- Continue to reduce my carbon footprint even further.
- Learn as much as I can about environmental, global warming and sustainability issues and viable alternatives.
- Giant Killing – Create as much awareness as possible to help bring about real change and to find viable solutions.
- (2012) Introduce Sport Kettlebell’s to Nova Scotia and start a competition club and provincial team.
- (2012) Compete in the Canadian Sport Kettlebell Championships. (Long Cycle & Snatch)
- (2012) Reach a rank of level 1 for the 90kg / 16kg IKSFA ranking.
- (2012) Become an IKSFA level 1 coach.
- (2013) Reach the rank of CMS (Candidate Master of Sport) in the Biathlon, 82 kg/24 kg Weight Class.
- (2014) Reach the rank 0f CMS (Candidate Master of Sport) in the Biathlon, 85 kg/24 kg Weight Class
- (2015) Reach the rank of CMS (Candidate Master of Sport) in the Snatch, 85 kg/28 kg Weight Class
- (2016) Reach the rank of MS (Master of Sport) in the Snatch, 78 kg/32 kg Weight Class
- (2013) Break the Guinness World Record for 16 kg Snatches in one hour with 1558 reps (26 rpm)
I hope to be able to add to this list throughout the years. I will be blogging my progress on a daily basis through posts and online video.
If you feel so inspired please join me, I could really use a good training partner.
Yours for a better future.
Master Tim Bell